LILacrosseNews.com, Posted 3/11/15
“Early Bird Special” registration for the Liberty Lacrosse Shootout ends Sunday, March 15th. The event, in its 12th year, will take place June 6/7 at the GCVSA Line Road Complex and The Phelps School in Malvern (PA). Over 100 boys’ recreational teams and club/travel programs and 2500 youth players are expected to participate in one of most popular events of the season.
Brackets and dates of play are below. Register this week to guarantee your teams a spot in the Shootout at the discounted price! The tournament set up and the fields of play are second to none. To register or to obtain more information, please visit the Shootout website – http://www.libertylacrosse.com. We hope we’ll see your groups and their team tents in June at the Shootout, Cradling in the Cradle of Liberty™.
AGE GROUP / DIVISION DATE OF PLAY
U9 Boys (Rec Grades 1-2; Club 2025/2026) Saturday, June 6, 2015
U11 Boys (Rec Grades 3-4; Club 2023/2024) Sunday, June 7, 2015
U13 Boys (Rec Grades 5-6; Club 2021/2022) Saturday, June 6, 2015
U15 Boys (Rec Grades 7-8; Club 2019/2020) Sunday, June 7, 2015
• Two or more Rec/Club brackets are available in each division (subject to interest) to help align teams that are organized by age/grade/ability. Our goal is to see highly competitive games (expect to see some 4v4 Bravehearts!);
• Teams will play at least 3 games in diverse pools within their bracket; pool winners advance in a playoff format;
• Shootout venues are exceptional; the Line Road fields are sprinklered and manicured;
• Liberty features certified officials, licensed athletic trainers and all the hallmarks of a professionally-staged event (the kids will experience a true tournament atmosphere!);
• The Shootout is conveniently situated within a few hours’ drive from a number of lacrosse hotbeds, permitting day trips and ensuring good competition. Liberty typically draws teams from Greater Philadelphia, Central PA, Lehigh Valley, New Jersey, Maryland, New York and Connecticut;
• Expect a great day of lacrosse and camaraderie in a fun and festive atmosphere with great competition, food, refreshments, Vendor Village and a Fan Zone (featuring clinics and competitions);
• Team tents will abound along the perimeter of the properties, so plan to get situated, comfortable and just enjoy the spirit of the game in friendship!
• Teams will be recognized for sportsmanship based largely on “Honor the Game” scorecards kept by Shootout officials and site marshals after each game.
Space is limited. It is anticipated the Shootout will fill up in advance of the deadline (May 15th), as it has the past 11 years, and the event is now open to Clubs! Registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis (subject to level of interest/balancing of brackets).